Best described as a traditional Mongolian tent; our 30' modern yurt is a circular building built of wooden lattice walls, and Douglas fir rafters which closely resemble the underside of an opened umbrella. These rafters point skywards and neatly tie into a 5 foot circular dome which allows ample light to fill the space. The walls and ceiling are draped in a polyester fabric and secured to the floor of the yurt. A cedar door and small entry deck welcome you with French doors on the opposite side of the building leading to an elevated deck, and surrounded by majestic pines. The yurt offers 700 square feet of usable space situated in the middle of a beautiful Carolinian forest. A wood-stove, picnic tables, benches and Muskoka chairs furnish the rustic interior of the space.
- 700 square feet of usable space
- 4 km of multi-use trails
- Use of separate kitchen facilities
- Use of bathrooms
- Use of council fire ring
- "Off-Grid" Electrical hook ups for your audio and visual needs(powered by solar and wind)
- 2 - 32 people
Originally built in mid 1800's and fully rebuilt in 2009, this timber frame barn rests on the original homestead of LUNA's Executive Director, now utilized as Pine Brae Acres Bed and Breakfast and the offices and outfitting for The LUNA Project. The interior of the barn consists of a large unobstructed space of almost 2300 square feet. Just a short walk along the trails from LUNA, or utilize the ample parking available at the barn including bus and coach entrances. Originally a dairy barn, now host to classes, dances and large meetings and events.
- 2300 square feet of usable space
- 2 consultation visits (including initial visit)
- Parking for approximately 50-60 cars
- Electrical hook ups for your audio and visual needs
- 25 - 135 people
Rental Options (Yurt and Barn)
- Overnight accommodation (Bed and Breakfast or Campsites)
- Equipment rental (Bike, Canoe, GPS)
- Portable washrooms and hand washing stations
How do I Register?
Call our office Toll Free (866) 415-LUNA(5862) or click on the REGISTER NOW link below to contact our office. We will send you full package information and a copy of our trip planning manual
- LUNA - Corporate Retreats